Christmas is closing in on us at a rapid pace, and if you are like me, you are still trying to work out what to get for family and friends. To make it easier for you to buy that Christmas present from your significant other (you know the one, you chose it becauseyou did not want another electrical appliance that the family would use), or even just to keep you going over the Christmas break, over the next few days I will giving you my Top 5 suggestions in a number of categories. Today I am looking at the Top 5 gifts valued at $50 or more.
- Lizzie Kate Living with Charm Double Flips- the complete set – $62.90 for 6 chart packs. Each chart pack comes with 2 designs and 2 charms. The Double Flip designs may be stitched individually or as a sampler. Add the Sampler Threads and the Weeks Dye Works as well as the linen, and it is $153.00
- From The Needle’s Content, we have 2 recommendations. The first is the Spanish Geometric Sampler, complete with threads, fabric and beads. With the recommended fabric, this kit is $123.59. However, I am stitching it on 32ct Bush Morning Jobelan from Stitches and Spice. Now, I don’t have this fabric in stock, but I can organise for it to be shipped directly to you. This fabric is perfectly suited to the thread colours that Annemiek used when she designed the sampler. The price for this kit is $135.69.
- The second kit from The Needle’s Content only comes as a kit, and this is the Autumn Sewing Roll. The kit comes complete with the fabric, threads and ribbons required to complete it. It is priced at $73.95
- Of course, we can not forget Shores of Hawk Run Hollow from Carriage House Samplings. The complete kit for this design consists of the special cut of Lakeside Linen’s 36ct Autumn Gold, the Needlepoint Inc threads and, of course, the chart and is $309.95.
- And last, but not least, Papillon Creations do some absolutely gorgeous samplers, and one of my favourites is Simple Little Quaker. We have kitted this for Christmas with a choice of either Sampler Threads/Weeks Dye Works, or Thread Gatherer Silk floss stitched on Lakeside Linens Light Examplar Linen. The ST/WDW kit is only $60.35, while the Silk kit is $63.85 (this is assuming you use one strand of silk thread stitched over 2 threads of linen.)