Christmas is fast approaching. I don’t know about you, but among my other decorations, I do like to have some stitched decorations. Starting tomorrow, I will start showing you some pictures of handmade decorations that I have been given over the years, but today I am going to list 5 designs that I would not mind stitching for Christmas this year…
- Homeplace at Christmas by Not Forgotten Farm is a gorgeous primitive style design. I would love to stitch it on something like Vintage Meadow Rue by Lakeside Linens, or Heritage from Stitches and Spice, using the suggested DMC floss.
- The Prairie Schooler’s “Schooler Santa” would be fantastic stitched and framed, or even better still, finished into a Stand Up ornament. If it was stitched on a finer fabric over one, it would make a fantastic tree ornament.
- On the subject of tree ornaments, there is the Just Nan “Christmas Biscornu”
- and the Plum Pudding Needleart “Rejoice”
- Of course, we cannot forget the stocking, and The Workbasket’s “Sampler Stocking” would make a great addition to anyone’s decorations.
So there you have it, a quick rundown of my 5 favourite decorations for this year.
Oh, and The Needlework Boutique will be at the Parkhill Primary School “Fun Food and Carols” in Ashburn from 5pm until 7pm. So, if you can, come along and see the above charts and more in person. I would love to see you there.