Sunday, after declaring that I was going to do three posts, I instead went up to the sewing room and started working on a project that had been waiting for me to start for the last 4 or so years. It is just a large project bag. Since then we have been busy doing family stuff. So here are the first 4 days of WIPs and UFOs.
Little House Needleworks – Neighbourhood
First started in 2008, I worked solidly on Neighbourhood for quite a while, eventually getting bored and moving on to something else before planning to come back to it. Well, I finally did come back to it – Sunday 2nd Jan 2011! LOL. My current goal is to have this one finished by the end of January. Only one problem – I appear to have raided the thread box at one stage and 2 skeins of thread are missing. So I will have to look in the master box to see if I had placed them there.
Shepherd’s Bush – Sophie’s Roses
Sorry for the slightly blurred picture. Originally started more than 5 years ago, while we were still living in The Netherlands, I think that I last picked up Sophie about 3 years ago while my younger DD was being tested for fructose intolerance (which she has!). This is the other UFO that I want to have finished by the end of January.
Lavender and Lace – The Wedding
Following the announcement of their engagement, I started stitching The Wedding for my Brother in Law and Sister in Law in August 1998. I actually got quite a lot done before I had to put it down due to very sore hands. That was the last time I stitched on this beautiful design. My goal is to have it completed this year!
Rosalie Quinlan’s Down in the Garden
For a change in pace, now we have the first of the quilt projects that I am working on.
Unlike my previous 3 projects, this project is actually a WIP. I have been slowly working on the embroidery in the first block over the past 2 months. I have put it aside for the time being while I do some cross stitching, but I will no doubt take it to school with me in the new school year, as it is a wonderful project to work on without having to concentrate too much. I am trying to use some of the other parts of photoshop, and this is my first attempt at collage. The top left picture is of the embroidery that i have done in the first block, the bottom left photo is the entire first block, and then the 3rd picture is of the sewn, but not embroidered 2nd block. I may even get some more blocks sewn together in the next few weeks.
Back to my sewing room and Oma’s Project Bag…
Until next time –