Monday night I attended my regular sit and sew up at Mrs Martin’s. Over the past year or so I have been slowly working on Leanne Beasley’s “Down In The Garden” project. Initially it took me a while to get started, because I was not sure about cutting into the Rural Jardin fabrics from the French General. However, once I had the first two blocks patched together it was down to the embroidery part.
I made the decision a long time ago that I would focus on “Down in the Garden” at my sit and sew nights. That meant that I did not feel guilty if I did not stitch on it the rest of the time, and I had something patchworky to do at Mrs Martin’s.
Several months ago, I finally finished stitching the first block. and, after a delayed start while I waited to trace the design onto the fabric, I finally started doing the embroidery on the second block about a month ago. You can see in the images how much I have done – I did not get much done on Monday night, but the yellow centres were all done at the previous sit and sew.
Following the Blogging Your Way course that I did at Decor 8, I am playing with my camera more, and took some photos of some of our rose bushes several weeks ago. When trying to decide how I would photograph and display my progress, I thought of these photos. I am obviously still a beginner experimenting, but it is fun!